Monday, November 01, 2010

The Beginning.

For the last several years, something has been gnawing at me. They say everyone has 1 good book inside of them, and I have finally decided to write mine. It's non-fiction. I'm not going to share any more than that so I don't have any "helpful" suggestions.

Today I took the day off of work to get started. I chose November because its National Novel Writing Month, and my wife is doing it too, so we are supporting each other this way.

I spent today getting my "Writing Nest" in order. My drum room had went to ruin, and there was no place to type or read or work, just play drums. So once I got that done, I settled down and am almost done with the first chapter-should be about 1500 words.

I will update here on the blog often. Keeps me from going to Facebook, which ends up sucking valuable writing time fairly quick. Its also good to update about this, so I don't just give up without looking like a schmuck.

-John

No comments: