Friday, January 17, 2014

What Should I Post?

I've got a facebook account, twitter, google+, linkedin and several blogger accounts. So with all that "connectedness", what do I share? If something makes me happy, laugh or inspires me, then I share it. If I write something I think will resonate with others, then I share it. But I try to never sit down and think, "What should I post today? What will get me more followers, more likes, and more attention?". Any time you do that, you just need to step away from the keyboard. There's a good chance you won't be happy with what you produce, and people will know you are just trying too hard. Good content never comes from that desperate search for affirmation. Good art is never the result of simply wanting to be liked. It's letting what's original about you come out at the right time. 

No comments: