Saturday, June 12, 2004

The Day Has Finally Come...


Well, the big day is here. I am finally packed, only stayed up until 11:15 to do it. I am sucking on a coffee(1 equal and 1 sugar in the raw packet),trying to shake the no-caffeine morning headache, staring bleary-eyed at the screen, trying to type something, anything...

I love that point in any endeavor when you stop preparing. Nothing else can be done, whether you are ready or not, you finally relax even if you are in the face of certain doom, because you just cannot do anything more.

I feel prepared enough, now I just want to have fun.

We leave the house at 9 to get to the airport at 10, leave South Bend at 11:59 and arrive in Austin,TX around 5 pm. Leave for Tampico the next morning on a 12 hour drive. Now the utter and complete boredom starts until we finally get there.

Next Mexico Post: Arrived in Texas

No comments: