Wednesday, June 02, 2004

What is the message for Mexico?


When we attended a pre-mission meeting we were told to get a testimony together. I'm trying to put something together that will be simple. It's sort of hard, because I don't really have a "glorious salvation". I was more saved from religious bondage and guilt than smoking, drinking or drug use.

I guess if I would sum up what I want to share with the people in Mexico, it would be something like this:

All my life I tried really hard to be a Christian. I tried to do good things, but I kept on sinning and doing things I should not. I always felt guilty and depressed because of my sins. But one day I read in the bible where it said that I was saved by faith in the blood of Jesus, and not by my good deeds. I read that Jesus died on the cross to cleanse me of all my sins, even those I might do tommarow. I asked Jesus to cleanse me and believed by faith that he had. I was not perfect after that, and I still made mistakes, but I had peace and joy. After that, I do not have to try to be good, now I have a desire to do good things because he helps me, and if I make a mistake I know he will forgive me. He said he would never leave me or forsake me, and I believe it.

Now I just have to translate this into Spanish, and I will have something to say.

Next Mexico Entry: Getting Anxious for the Trip

No comments: