Sunday, June 06, 2004

Getting Anxious...

Have been preparing and buying things, but mostly I am just anxious. I know you can't expect a trip to change your life, but the first time I made this trip it did just that. I returned from the first trip to Mexico a changed man, touched by the people and the compassion of the Lord. That trip was the real catalyst for my desire to continue learning Spanish.

The second trip was just as significant, maybe not as relaxing(pesky teenagers...)-just kidding, but they were a lot of work to take care of. It seemed everytime I turned around Mexican Machos were flirting, or trying to kiss, or trying to date the gringitas I was responsible for, and they were pretty much oblivious to it.

I'm looking for something to happen on this trip that will renew my vision and motivation for ministry to others. I want more insight into what I am going to do with the knowledge of Spanish and culture, because that is still not real clear whether I will try to find a ministry position or a job where my spanish is useful.

I am not expecting everything to be better after this trip, it may be worse, it is a lot of money to put out and work to miss. But it feels like we are supposed to do it. I do know that anytime you can go away from the daily grind and routine to do something outside of what you are used to that is a good thing.

Next Mexican Entry:No Sharp Pointy Things

No comments: