Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Leaving My Host Home

Photo Hosted at Buzznet

(Near Santa Cruz on the Road to Liberia)


My host mother made a rather large breakfast on my last day in Costa Rica. The standard Gallo Pinto and scrambled eggs made an appearance, as did the the fresh pineapple and banana, but it was followed up with a red delicious apple and a rather large piece of pound cake. My host mother appeared to have some fears that I would faint from hunger on the way, that and she knows I enjoy my food.

She managed to snatch my dirty clothes on Sunday night and wash them and presented me with a going away present of a sculpture made of shells and two packages of Costa Rican coffee,(I already had four packages, I'm drinking some right now). I was overwhelmed. She told me any time I am in Costa Rica to stop by and I will have a place to stay.

Photo Hosted at Buzznet

(Road to Liberia)


My ride showed up, I threw my bags in the back and gave my host mother a hug and a kiss on the cheek, and I was gone.

Juanito

Next Costa Rican Post: Airport at Liberia

No comments: