Friday, July 21, 2006

Art Show

As part of the fiesta of annexation, there was an artshow in the colonial church of San Blas. Here's some pictures from that show.

Photo Hosted at Buzznet

(Wood Sculpture)



I liked the above sculpture the best of all of them. Both the grain of the wood and the form and the face were very lifelike.

Photo Hosted at Buzznet

(Painting that includes San Blas Church and the ox-cart-One of Costa Rica's National Symbols)


Photo Hosted at Buzznet

(My Friend Walter and his watercolors of San Blas Church)



Walter is the son of my host mother, Doña Herminia. I considered him my roomate, because his room was next to mine and we would talk a lot and listen to music with Alex. He was the quintessential artist, very bohemian, very hip, but with a solid core of kindness and charm you could not help but like. He sells his paintings in tourists shops and on the beaches to tourists in the beaches. His pictures of the church were good, but I found his landscapes of the Costa Rican countryside to be his best work. I bought some from him, here's three of them.

Photo Hosted at Buzznet


Photo Hosted at Buzznet


Photo Hosted at Buzznet


Juanito

Next Costa Rican Entry: Costa Rica Has Immigration Problems Too.

No comments: