Friday, July 14, 2006

Last Meal...

Well, everything is packed. I have tested the strength of the YKK zippers on my Outdoor Products backpack, and they are holding. I did not have to leave anything important behind. The MP3 player has been loaded with 239 songs for the trip. Everything from Miles Davis, The B-52's and Gnarls Barkley, to Chet Atkins and Aaron Copeland.

The one thing I almost forgot was toilet paper. Pathetic. You can live without Teryiaki Jerky and your tunes, but toilet paper is something that can't always be counted on.

Since we had everything together by 3pm today, we decided to go out for one last gringo meal before I left the country. I thought about it long and hard. I was really tempted to go for Mexican food, or a big bacon cheeseburger, maybe country fried steak with sawmill gravy, but in the end, ribs won out.



Specifically, Applebee's riblets. They may not be the best ribs in the world, but when I want some ribs and don't want any surprises, this is what I get. The price is right too. Then we followed it up with the Walnut Blondie for dessert.


Now, I'm heading to bed so I can get up way too early, so I can make it through security with enough different kinds of things that I'm probably going to get searched at least once.

Good night,

More news as soon as I am in country.

Juanito

Next Costa Rican Entry: In Country

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy yourself and learn many things. We will be thinking and praying for you. And now I am hungry for a walnutty brownie thing.
moe

john_homan said...

Thanks Moe.
John