Thursday, July 20, 2006

Blisters

So far, I have had only one real health problem here.

Blisters.

I have done more walking this week than in some time. I´m too cheap to get a taxi, and I know I need the exercise. Its kind of strange living this way. But I can walk anywhere in about 20 minutes and get to anything I need.

Back to the blisters. I was ready for this. I will tell you the best thing to use for blisters. Blisters are a result of the friction between your feet against your socks or the shoes, either way, its the friction that makes your feet have these hot spots that become blisters.

This is going to sound really redneck, but duct tape is the best thing to use in this case. It both cushions the foot and makes it slick enough to discourage friction.
Photo Hosted at Buzznet

Duct tape, is there no end to your uses?

Juanito

Next Costa Rican Entry: Cariño

No comments: