Monday, July 24, 2006

Hamburgers

While I am thinking about food, let me tell you about Saturday night. My madre tica, (Costa Rican Mother) made me hamburgers and french fries. They were lovely...

The buns were soft, the meat had spices and onions and tomatoes mixed in it, and was soft, not greasy or overcooked. There was fresh onions and tomatoes and real lettuce, not cabbage. The french fries were outstanding and steam came out of them when you broke them open. She even had cold ketchup and this great mayonnaise with lime in it on the side,(I dip my fries in mayo-got a problem with that?).

It was a beautiful thing. I was choked up. She went out of her way to cook something American for me, and she did as good of a job as any American cook.

I gave her a kiss on the cheek and said Muchas Gracias. That´s ok here...really.

Juanito

Next Costa Rican Entry: The President Comes to Town

No comments: