Monday, July 24, 2006

Tutoring

Last week I signed up to be part of a program here where they match students at the institute with local people that want to learn English. So I can practice my Spanish with someone that needs help with their English.

Today I met my new friend, Jorge Carrillo. He is a little older than me, he is married and has about four or five kids. He is a finquero, a farmer, and has been learning English off and on for some time. He may have an accent,(not that I am one to talk), but his vocabulary is very good and he is very understandable. We hung out for about two hours and had a coke at Cafe Daniela.
Photo Hosted at Buzznet

(Jorge Carrillo)

Its always great to work with people who really want to learn another language. Many people try a little and then lose interest, but there are others who just will not be satisfied until they speak well, no matter what. In learning another language, a steadfast desire to learn is really the most important thing. Accent will improve, and vocabulary will grow, but desire has to be a constant.

Juanito

Next Costa Rican Entry: A New Week

No comments: