Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Seafood Pizza

Photo Hosted at Buzznet

(Playa Carrillo)



We took a side trip to the beach today, and it promptly started raining when we got there. We stopped to get some lunch at a nice pizza restaraunt in Playa Samara on the Pacific Coast. The place was just bustling with tourists, germans, french, and I even heard a nasally-Long-Island-accented Spanish,(it was not pretty).

It´s so strange the way I feel about tourists. I don´t like them. I find them annoying. I know thats incredibly stupid, me being one, but there it is. Maybe its this desire to be the only one, maybe I can´t stand hearing picky gringos with bad Spanish asking for impossible things, maybe I think that they are going to ruin a perfectly good country because they are so picky and freak out at the sight of spiders and cockroaches.

Whatever it is, I don´t like them, but I am them, so there it is...

I ordered the seafood pizza, and it was very different. There were piece of shrimp, scallops, crab legs and squid. It was good, but could have used more garlic and less squid.

Photo Hosted at Buzznet

(More of Playa Carrillo)


I did dip my feet in the ocean, it was warm as bathwater. I will visit on Saturday if it does not rain again.

Juanito

Next Costa Rican Entry: Bomba

No comments: