Sunday, July 23, 2006

Sunday Morning

Photo Hosted at Buzznet

(Iglesia "Jesus es el Señor")

Today I went to church. I found a little church about three blocks from my house called "Jesus es el Señor" Pentecostal Church. The service started at 9 am, and I was there by 10 minutes til 9. I still have not got on Tico Time. I seem to show up early for everything. The service did not start until 10 minutes after, I don´t know why I thought I had to be early.

From the moment I came in the building, everyone came up and shook my hand. They were very warm, and it felt like home. That´s the great thing about church. No matter what country you are in, you can go somewhere and people will be glad to see you, because you are family.

The sermon was very good. The pastor said that God´s most important plan for your life is not what you do. Instead, the most important plan for your life is if the character of Jesus Christ is cultivated in your heart.

Its amazing how much similar churches can be even though they so many miles apart. Except for the language difference, and Ticos being more affectionate than churches in the U.S., I felt like I was in the Assembly of God where I attended as a kid.

When the pastor said "Ya Termino", which translates to "I´ll be done with the sermon very quickly.", I could tell by the clock that it meant exactly the same thing that it means in Gringolandia.

Absolutely nothing...

Juanito

Next Costa Rican Entry: Salsa Concert in the Park

No comments: